Improving business performance requires an understanding of the components of profit and value. This practical guide to analyzing financial information will provide managers and business owners with effective financial skills to enable them to improve the financial performance of their business.
• people who wish to have a general understanding of business finance which will enable them to improve the profits and value of their business, including:
o senior executives
o business owners
• Improving Business Profit and Value
• Understanding Financial Statements
• Analyzing Financial Statements to Improve Business Performance
• Analyzing Revenue and Operating Costs
• Financial Analysis of Business Decisions
• Capital Investment Evaluation and Decisions
• Return on Investment
• Cash Management.
• Managerial Decision Making & Ratio Analysis
o Profit ratio
o Liquidity ratio
o Acid test ratio
o Working capital ratio
o Debt ratio
o Inventory ratio
o Sales ratios
o Marketing ratios
• Budgeting Techniques
o Top down budgeting
o Bottom Up Budgeting
• Working Capital Management
• Time Value of Money
• 37 Pricing Policy
• Mergers, Acquisitions and Restructuring
• Writing & calculating Financial KPIs.
• Interpreting KPI indexes.
Group work 20%
Individual presentation 20%
Writing Financial KPI 20%
• Identify the key features of financial reports
• Interpret financial statements to determine where management attention should be directed
• Determine actions which will improve financial performance
• Identify the important financial principles of business development
• Determine from set options, financial strategies and their impact
• Identify the important factors in capital investment decisions.
• Establishment of KPIs