Ethical Influencing & Persuasive Skills in Corporation
More and more organizations are moving towards team-based, rather than hierarchical structures. This means that there is a greater emphasis on communication and negotiation across the organization, than simply on positional status to make things happen. Some people seem to be particularly influential – they seem to be able to gain support and commitment for their ideas and goals more easily than others. However, the ability to influence positively and effectively is a skill that can be learnt and developed by anyone wishing to communicate their ideas persuasively, to build strong on-going relationships and networks and to gain acceptance and commitment from others.
This course will enable participants to practice the necessary skills to fulfill their personal objectives, whilst maintaining strong, long-lasting professional relationships. It is particularly recommended for anyone required to manage, to motivate or to influence their colleagues, customers or suppliers.
KEY SUBJECT AIMS
• Assist participants to develop specific communication skills, to enable them to improve their credibility and gain support and commitment from others.
• Introduce powerful and flexible tools for use by both individuals and teams within the organisation, whatever their previous experience or circumstances.
• Enable participants to become more effective in their roles by developing a wide range of influencing skills and techniques.
• Focus on key issues and challenges relating to effective and ethical influence.
• Cover essential topics in a relatively short time, whilst ensuring an immediate impact on practice.
• Accommodate participants’ learning styles, by including a variety of role-plays, group challenges, practical exercises, opportunities for personal assessment, and presentation of key techniques and strategies.
• Influence effectively without the need for positional power or authority
• Improve their influence and personal power
• Build trusting, productive relationships with others
• Motivate others through positive influence
• Establish confidence, trust, understanding and commitment from others
• Manage conflict and difficult situations more confidently
• Develop more dynamic and productive teams
The organization will:
• Have more confident and competent staff
• Improve internal communications
• Ensure the best use of resources
• Encourage contribution and commitment
• Adapt and respond to rapidly changing business opportunities
COURSE OUTLINE PROGRAMME
Core Skills and Definitions
– Examining the meaning of effective influence and identifying the skills that are needed to effect positive influence.
Building Strategic Networks
– Understanding the importance of networking and discovering how to make priorities networking time/activities
– Analyzing and improving existing networks according to priorities and needs
Understanding Uses of Power Bases
– Understanding different sources of power and uses and abuses of power
Ethics in leadership & Management
_ Understanding ethics & principles in classical view
Reactions to Influence
– Recognizing the important differences between commitment and compliance
Introduction to Leadership Styles
_ Participative leadership
_ Supportive Leadership
_ Achievement leadership
_ Directive leadership
_ Transformational leadership
_ Servant Leadership
_ Blue ocean Leadership
_ Seven habits of highly effective people
Making Approaches to Influence
– Developing a flexible approach to reach desired outcomes
_ Introduction to diplomatic ways
Positive Influencing Model
– Introducing key components of achieving positive results to influencing attempts
_How to win friends & influencing the people
Rapport Building & Personal Selling
– Developing empathetic relationships as a tool for effective influence
Building Credibility –
_Understanding and developing crucial elements of credibility, including first impressions and ongoing behaviors
Influencing upwards and downwards
– Recognizing mutual expectations and overcoming barriers to influencing colleagues
- Principles for Powerful Persuasion
- Molding Opinion: Present Professionally
- Understanding Persuasive situation
- Psychology of Persuasion